Virtual Technical Requirements & Types of Presentations
Virtual Presentation Technical Requirements
- Laptop /Desktop computer
- A second screen can be extremely convenient – though it is not a must-have
- Advised web-browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari
- Your presentation to be in Microsoft PowerPoint format with 16:9 aspect ratio slides
- If you are a Mac user, you should consult the following document to ensure necessary sharing allowances are setup for a smooth live presentation: Mac Screen Sharing
- Ensure your Wi-Fi connection is strong enough to support your live presentation.
- You will need at least 3mb/second. You can test your speed here: https://www.speedtest.net/
- We recommend taking any additional devices, such as your mobile phone, off the same network for the duration of your presentation.
- If your Wi-Fi connection is weak, we strongly recommend you consider pre-recording your session.
- Your laptop’s built-in camera will suffice.
- If your laptop does not have a built-in camera or you are presenting from a desktop computer, please use an external camera.
- Position your camera face on with the main source of light in front of you so that the audience has a clear view of your face when presenting.
- A headset with microphone allows you to hear any instructions or questions whilst providing clear sound from you to the digital audience.
- Alternatively, you can use an external microphone or the built-in microphone of your laptop. Please ensure this is positioned close enough to you to pick up your voice clearly.
- Please position yourself in an area with minimal distractions and no background noise.
Virtual Platform Technology Test
Some speakers will need to attend a technology test of the virtual platform. A team member will be in touch to set up a 15-minute technology test with you, taking place up to 2 weeks prior to the event.
For this technology test, you will need:
- A Chrome or Firefox web browser
- A blank PowerPoint presentation
- All items listed on our Technology Requirements
During the session we will test your technology as well as rehearsing joining the stage and presenting your first few slides.